Skype
Adamor

Lectrovolt Lectrovolt

I discovered a bug where if you press c whilst falling you'll actually change your normal jump height to that of the C button. Other than that it's a good game with a good soundtrack!

VFHolloway responds:

Hey man, thanks for the bug report :) i'm not gonna fix this version, but I'll be uploading a new level set with updated physics in a couple of months; sort of an informal 'Level 2' :p read my response to DamonandSky's review, I go into it in more detail :)

And yeah, the soundtrack is Ketsa, he's a London based Music Artist, check out the website in the credits section, he's really talented :)

Absorbed Absorbed

Great game, awesome graphics, fun levels, awesome introductions to mechanisms, brilliant music.
If I have one complaint it would be that in some levels I had the feeling I was missing a lot of the levels and skipping things, this is probably because of how in some levels you don't really have a sense of how big the rooms are.

Other than that an awesome, fun game worth at the very least 4 stars.

Santa Goes Crazy Santa Goes Crazy

It's nothing amazing, but a fun little thing nonetheless.

THERE IS NO GAME THERE IS NO GAME

Short, powerful. Loved it!
Perhaps there's room for a sequel? ;)

Popcorn Chef Popcorn Chef

I cannot express how awesome this fucking game is!!
It's simple yet so beautifully executed, even better than some AAA games!
a bazillion out of five, sir!

HEAT9 responds:

I find your review to be more awesome than the game, Thank you :D

White White

It's an awesome game.
The whole idea is very unique and the gameplay was great.
The story was also very unique.
Although the music was horrible to listen to in a constant loop.
And I don't know if it's just me, but sometimes this game used 2 gigabytes of my memory to run
and lagged out extremely.

A good game overall, but the music was horrible.

Pause Ahead Pause Ahead

Why waist so many words.
I only need one:

PERFECT.

Near Near

When I started the game I just waited and listened to the awesome music.
It has a nice rhythm to it.
The overall menu has a nice-looking sleek design, but it's not perfect.
When I first started the game I had no idea what was going on, so I was grateful to
see you've added instructions.
The idea of the game is very unique. It's wonderfully executed, challenging and fun!

It's nice to see some new ideas come around.
Although it needs some polishing on the design.

Four Boxes LP Four Boxes LP

An overall nice experience and challenging game.

Kramer Vs Kramer Kramer Vs Kramer

It's an odd game, for the least.
I think i am supposed to know who the Kramer guys are before i can understand what's going on.
But for the graphics, they're absolutely wonderful, you really have the feeling you're playing a game on some very old computer.

For the gameplay. It's nice but what bothers me is that you can't see in what direction the head is pointing, making it nearly impossible to aim.

I'd say overall it's a good game. But it just doesn't feel finished yet.

Good luck on the polishing.
-Papercookies

ootsby responds:

Hi. Thanks for the thoughtful feedback.

I feel a bit guilty because I posted this without an explanation of what it is. I was just curious what people would make of it without context. The game was written for the Cassette 50 mini-competition over at retroremakes.com. Cassette 50 was a games compilation from the 80s that was famous for being composed of awful games and the competition theme is to celebrate that. So, it's actually intentionally not very good and somewhat broken.

I did spend a fair amount of effort simulating the rendering technology on a ZX Spectrum, so thanks for appreciating that!

Ootsby